Race, no warp zones (nes sound)

drexegar

Race, no warp zones (nes sound)

Post by drexegar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Another chiptune, sorry if I am not making real sounding music, My next track includes a saxophone and ill make sure it extra nice. This track hear I was messing with.

It has a couple of notes from super mario bros in the beginning, and made an original track that sounds like some kind of 8-bit race track.

Patches used:
Square from super mario 1
Drum samples from super mario 1

Main Instrument: Half Square (50%) mixed with (12%) Pulse This sound is the same sound used in the beginning of the first notes of the Donkey Kong theme when you start the game.

8-bit whistle patch!

Triangle wav, still need to work on the lower notes...

https://soundcloud.com/gxscchater/race- ... korg-ds-10

About the patches, on my website which Im still working on but its live, I have a Korg Ds section with all my patches I have real instruments and of course chiptune instruments as well, with a tutorial on basics! When I finish Ill let you guys know about it because I will be teaching a Korg Ds-10 at a convention in maryland next week for the fun of it.

starovich

Re: Race, no warp zones (nes sound)

Post by starovich » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Aside from the "screaming" noise, this is a really rad track! :D

drexegar

Post by drexegar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks a lot, that screaming noise is a classic 8 bit whistle used in a lot of sports and to represent time over in some games.

starovich

Post by starovich » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:29 pm

drexegar wrote:that screaming noise is a classic 8 bit whistle used in a lot of sports and to represent time over in some games.
Cool, didn't know that!

I agree the bass notes could use a tiny bit more work - listening with headphones and there's just a little "oomph" missing in the lower registry. Again, great job on the track!