BA (nes style music on the Korg DS-10)

Post your complete tracks or work-in-progress tracks here. A forum for music that isn't released as an album or EP. Also for cool tracks and videos you have found on the net.

BA (nes style music on the Korg DS-10)

Postby drexegar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 am

Another experiment this, time I made a nice triangle sound that the lower octaves sound very close to the nes,

12 notes per measure on 1 DECK

Again pulse waves but used FX for echo, its a pain to it manually, but I only do it manually for more complex 8-bit tracks. I messed a new track which the echo sound like crap due to the volumes and patch settings.

the triangle wave is on the 2nd oscillator, which works great and you'll here some pitch bends and high and low notes that match the nes sound.

The drums are all separate, it seems you can't get a good nes noise 8-bit sound (game boy has a higher range of noise) so I have to set the pitch on osc 2 separately for each drum to get an close to nes sound.

I Have been using a backup version or Korg DS-Plus only because I keep running out of room on my retail version. What crazy though I am using a Class 10 sd card, and save times are 1-2 sec.

I also recreate this track in famitrack with no prob as well. Enjoy! If any interest in a the triangle patch let me know and ill post a pic.
drexegar

Re: BA (nes style music on the Korg DS-10)

Postby Anatomy of Spirit » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:17 am

I really liked this. It is a very peaceful tune and not in your face like some 8 bit NES tunes. Great work.
For Music by Anatomy of the Spirit: http://soundcloud.com/anatomyofthespirit
Anatomy of Spirit

Postby SS7117 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:52 am

Very well done and really nice patchwork. Would you willing to share that triangle patch in the beginning of the song?
"hey this is my signature, it's not part of every post I make." lol
SS7117

Postby drexegar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Here ya go this is designed for use on a non drum channel by default

If you do use this on a drum channel, then change the octave to between the range of notes in what your going to use for majority of the song

Nes Triangle

drexegar

Postby drexegar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:25 pm

SS7117 wrote:Very well done and really nice patchwork. Would you willing to share that triangle patch in the beginning of the song?

Right above this post is a pic I took, please read carefully before you use it, its very important.

By the way that triangle wave is use through out the whole song.
drexegar

Postby drexegar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Anatomy of Spirit wrote:I really liked this. It is a very peaceful tune and not in your face like some 8 bit NES tunes. Great work.

Thanks a lot!
drexegar

Return to KORG DS-10 Tracks and Videos